Saturday, January 06, 2007

new pin and other progress



I did this entire pin yesterday.

This is another in the series of small pins that I'm trying to get finished for our February show.

This one is only 1 1/8 inches across, the smallest of these yet, and I used that neat 2 bead edge again.

I'm chugging along on the necklace piece still. Its fun picking up the colors of the stone and echoing them in beads....and the primavera stone has lots of lovely colors to mess with -- blues, greens, yellows and oranges with the occasional off white and steel grey for contrast. I'm thinking I may do a 3 bead edge on this on since it will have fringes...we'll see

Yesterday I found again the pictures and sketches I did when we were in Atchison, KS, for a show in 2005. The section of downtown has the most amazing combination of architecture, and everytime I see those pictures, the idea returns to do a framed piece of beadwork. I'm thinking of doing the first step for such a project....gathering all the prints of the pictures and the sketch I made into a folder and perhaps starting a full size drawing. That show is the end of May....I wonder if I could have it done by then.....



Yes folks, its a Grannie Square! A very large Grannie Square -- 12 inches to be exact!

Those of you that know me well know I don't crochet much because it makes my right hand go numb, but I just could not resist the temptation to put these bits and pieces of yarn left from other things into one bright, colorful block.

There was enough odds and ends and pieces to do another grannie square, so I will work on that one too, then it will be back to knitting squares.

Sometimes you just have to do something totally different to kick start the creative juices.









I also finished 2 more arcs for the quilt! (My, I didn't realize how busy I was yesterday!) I had picked up a pack of fat quarters at Walmart when we went there, that had blue fabrics with prints of Tinkerbell, and 2 of the 4 fabrics will work for this quilt -- FUN!

We cleared about 6 inches of snow out of our driveway yesterday afternoon, and our timing was pretty good -- or we got lucky -- because shortly after that it quit snowing and hasn't snowed any more. That's all we're supposed to get for this storm, but they say another big one is coming next week -- about Thursday -- {groan!}

Time to get some tax stuff done!

No comments: