Saturday, January 20, 2007

slogging along -- and its the weekend so its snowing



I'm in the stage of the necklace project where I feel like I'm stuck in "Ground Hog Day" .... fringing looks wonderful, but it is a mind numbing experience to create. I just didn't know it before. Now I look at the front of the current Fire Mountian Gems catalog and have a renewed respect for the brave person that created that necklace, it must have taken FOREVER!!



I'm feeling more positive about this piece, however.

When I did the little pins earlier in the month, I discovered that I had to do less touch up work at the end of the project if I colored in the design first, which is why the field looks green even where I haven't beaded yet. The only down side is that it doesn't make as good an "in process" picture because there isn't so much contrast between where the beads are done and where they aren't. Oh well!

This one is right on target for being ready for the show in 2 weeks.




Meantime, the mittens are done!

And not a moment too soon, I might add. When the dog got me up at 6:30 this morning, it was snowing....AGAIN!! For the 5th weekend in a row......I may run screaming .... not that there is actually anywhere I HAVE to go, but the enforced "you can't go" is really annoying. (Actually we had planned to go visit our daughter this weekend -- and last weekend -- and the weekend before that!)

Maybe next weekend {ok, I'm crossing my fingers, rubbing the rabbits foot and adjusting the horse shoe over the door!}







Moving along on quilt pieces too.....4 more arcs complete, we're now to 31 -- 1 more to go to be 1/3 of the way on the arcs.






time to get a move on.....

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

The mittens turned out great - what pattern did you use? I might have to make myself some. I know I need to make myself some more wool socks; the only day in the last week that my feet stayed warm was the day I wore my handknit wool socks. And it's not like I can't find enough wool in my stash!