Friday, June 01, 2007

Play Time -- or what I did on my day off.....

In case no one's noticed, I have been in a finished objects slump of late, basically because a piece I'd been working on just isn't coming together and I'm feeling frustrated by it.

Yesterday I decided I was not going to work on any of that stuff, I was going to do something different.













So, I worked on this!

I know a while back I had talked briefly about the Land of Odds and their beaded doll contest. I have been working on creating the foundation for my beading by using one of Patti Medaris Culea's patterns from her latest book (Creative Cloth Doll Beading).

My working motto should be "I never met a pattern I didn't want to change", and this one is no different, but I needed to make the doll's shape work with the theme of the contest, so I changed her body.

I have actually done all of the construction now, and can really get hopping on the beadwork....notice I've started on her face.

This has been fun so far, (tho' I could offer some suggestions to improve the instructions for needle sculpting the hands) and its nice to do something that is just for fun (would love to win the contest this will be entered in -- $1000 to spend on beads would be AWESOME!!!)

So, I'm letting my subconscious work on the problem with the jewelry, and I'm playing with my doll......maybe until Monday since my sister will be here over the weekend for our "Retreat Weekend" (Retreat? HA! We're just advancing in some other direction!!)

and we're off!!

1 comment:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Wow, that is going to be one unique doll, Bev. Love it!