Tuesday, June 05, 2007

and a fun weekend was had by all.....

my sister came from the Denver area to visit for the weekend and we worked on "stuff" While she was here, she put together pieces for a couple of different quilt tops....
















While she was doing that I finished up the baby quilt that I had tied the weekend before.

I also stitched up a new pair of summer weight pants for DH....we had found this lovely deep purple with a pin stripe in it....

Couldn't quite finish those as I needed to get the elastic with the draw string in it. I did that yesterday, so I hope to get the pants finished today.



One of the things that we are both involved in is knitting for charity.

This trip she brought me this lovely pile of yarns to work with.....the last time she brought me a bag full of yarn was last December, and I've just about used up every little bit of it.

I think this pile will keep me busy for a while!

She also brought along some squares that she had finished which I will put in the package of squares I had done. Its been interesting to see what yarns she puts together....





Even my dog had to get in on girl's day craziness! My sister has cats (5 of them to be exact!), and my lab was just sure that one of them was in the suitcase with the yarn.



On Saturday afternoon we had a hail storm.

Lots of little pea sized hail covering the patio and beating on my rose bush....fortunately none of the blooms were open yet, so there was no damage to the flowers.

We always have food adventures when we have our weekends, so I will be talking about those (and sharing the recipes) over at Hattie's Kitchen if you want to take a look.

Last night I finished another afghan square....about the last one out of the old yarn. The next square will be knit from the new stash.....




and I worked on the quilt too.....slogging right along

time to get moving!

No comments: