Friday, June 22, 2007

its show time......

I'm almost afraid to announce this sort of thing, since the last time I did, we didn't actually get to do the show....ok, so I'm clutching my lucky rabbit's foot (why is that lucky?....it wasn't for the rabbit!) and making the announcement anyway!!

We will be doing a show in the Denver area on Sunday, June 24. For detailed information about the location, use this link to get all the details about the location and the show hours.

If you come to the show and bring a print out of that page with you, we'll give you a 10% discount on any item on our table over $20.

Its amazing that we still have 2 days before the show and I already have all the tubs of bears packed up....its almost scary to be ready this far in advance!

Yesterday I worked for quite a while on the new piece of jewelry I'm doing and I'm now to the embellishment stage. So, out came all the boxes of assorted turquoise and coral beads and the silver charms (hearts, feathers, etc) to be used as accents in the fringing. I even have some little "spikes" of coral pieces to add an accent color. I'll be working on that part today.

The mail man brought me a stone I had purchased on Ebay, and its even more awesome than it looked like it would be. Its an 11mm round sunstone cab that has really nice color. Since I also had two nice pear shaped sunstone cabs (bought from the same Ebay-er in the last year or so), I will be thinking about a design for these soon.

About once a year I look at our Artists' Statement (which we have to send off with most of the show applications) and think about rewriting it. Since I'm working on packets for 2 show promoters and a gallery, I decided this was a good time to do so. It took me about an hour to revise it so it reflects the direction our work is going, and to include in it some information about our inspiration and direction. An interesting exercise.

I finished printing up one packet this morning, so I will be assembling it today for mailing tomorrow.....one down, 2 to go!


Finished another afghan square last night, this one is that lovely fiesta varigated yarn with a strand of red.

I started another one too....same fiesta yarn with a bright orange....amazing what you can use with a varigated yarn.....yellow would be good too, but I don't have anything yellow, so I'll probably do peach next.

I'm going to be baking today (cake for class next Tuesday; cupcakes for us so we'll have some to take to our show for lunch), and working on the jewelry.

time to get to it

No comments: