Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Flower cake?






Pretty!

I finished the last session of the Cake Decorating II class last night.

This is an oval cake (the cool pans came in my class kit!) and I spent the better part of the 2 hour class putting all the basket weave icing on the side. (my hands are a bit sore this morning.....cake decorating uses different muscles than the other things I do with my hands)

My peace roses and poppies were a hit....no one else had done anything like that.

Class III starts mid July and will be finished just in time for me to be in mid-wedding cake madness.....

This morning we had another deer visitor in the back field. A doe was just peering over the back fence into the yard. Unfortunately I didn't get to the camera in time to get a picture of her before the dog's barking told her it was time to move on. Deer don't so much walk as they glide....it was fascinating to watch her. Amazingly enormous ears....beautiful

Today (being pay day) we will be making our run to Costco for things like toilet paper and dog treats, etc., so I'll be doing some hand sewing on animals in the car.

No comments: