Monday, June 11, 2007

odds and ends and garage sales....



Even tho' I spent most of Thursday and Friday getting ready for the garage sale and all day Saturday actually doing the sale, I did manage to get these pants finished for DH.

I had started them the weekend before and had everything finished except for the elastic in the top, which I had to visit the fabric store to get.

This is another of those seriously altered patterns....it began as a pattern for a pair of scrubs with just the in-seam side pockets. My new and improved version has two in-seam side pockets, a back patch pocket and a large pocket with a fastening flap on the outside of one leg at the knee. DH prefers this arrangement so he can put his wallet somewhere that he doesn't have to sit on it when he drives for long distances....much more comfy!

Anyway, these came out very nicely.




For a while now we've been talking about making a bear out of fabric that we create ourselves.

We've decided that we'll have a go at making one that is felt....and these two skeins of wool yarn have been chosen to be knit up and then felted to create this critter.

Over the weekend I actually started in working on the knitting....very boring stuff this....knit a row of 55 stitches, purl a row of 55 stitches....which will continue until I get all of both skeins all knit up. Consequently, I don't work on this until the last thing in the evening as I'm on auto pilot during the 10 p.m. news...its pretty brainless!

We'll see where this all goes.





On Saturday, while I was hanging out in my garage, taking people's money for carting off my junk (smile!), I was also doing my own version of celebrating National Knit in Public Day, and got some very interesting reactions.

I did manage to finish 3 more afghan squares for Close Knit Hugs, so I'm getting close to having enough to ship off another box full.

These last three are made of the new yarns that my sister brought me last weekend except for the solid blue half which was the last of the old stuff.

Pretty snazzy!





Progress on the quilt too. I thought I had all of the pieces laid out but discovered last night that I had miscalculated on the little wedge shaped pieces that make the arcs, so I will have to have one more trip to the scrap pieces to lay out a few more....I'll sketch it all out this time instead of doing it in my head!

Today I'm doing laundry (every Monday!), but I'm hoping to make some progress on the new piece of jewelry I'm working on...its one rectangular piece of sunstone and one oval piece of iolite/sunstone that I have worked beads around and now have to figure out how to connect and "finish". These last few pieces of jewelry have been a whole new kind of thing....its exciting to have them come out so well.

Time to get to it!

No comments: