Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Finally something done.....

Some how these new pieces are taking longer even tho' they are smaller....I think it is because I'm experimenting with brand new ways to string things together, and that sometimes means I take a piece apart 2 or 3 times before I'm happy with it.

This piece is made out of some really nice pieces of malachite, and it took no time at all to encircle each stone, but the arranging of the pieces after that took a while.

Nice I think.....

I have 2 more that are set up to work on now, one is sunstone and iolite and the other is turquoise. I'm hoping that doing this kind of work with the turquoise will actually find a customer as everything else I've ever done with that stone has been a dud....


And this is the neck band for the altered jacket I'm working on.

I had finished the bottom band a while back and had knit it with a metallic thread running in with the yarn, but I decided that metallic thread against my neck might not be so good, so no metallic in this piece

There was some tricky figuring to create this. I cast on the right number of stitches for the edge that attaches to the jacket and decreased (in the ribbing!) down to the right number to fit around my neck....pretty cool!

The next thing is to decide what color and stitch(es) to use for the bands that will go up the front of the jacket. Some of this decision will depend on whether I decide to use buttons or something else. I am thinking buttons tho' because I can make those myself out of a number of different materials....

I went to my cake decorating class last night and we started doing royal icing flowers.....pretty. I promise to take pictures of them today!!

Time to get busy.....

No comments: