Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Its just like Christmas!!

Yesterday afternoon as I was working along on the new jewelry piece I'm doing, the door bell rang and the postman handed me a box.

Now usually when a box is on its way, I know about it, having ordered something from somewhere (I swear I think sometimes I keep the local post office running single handed with all the incoming supplies and the occasional outgoing orders!).

This box, however, was a total surprise!
and lookie at what was inside!!

My sister (who had been here for a week end recently) sent along some more goodies she thought I could use.

To the left are two packets of ultrasuede pieces in a whole variety of colors. This is the stuff I use on the backs of most of my jewelry pieces, and these two bundles are WONDERFUL!!! This should keep me in materials to back things for quite a while.

Also in the box was another large skein of varigated yarn for knitting afghan squares and a ball of cotton blend yarn (all re-wound from its skein for easier working without tangles -- or "yarn vomit" as we call it) to put with some other pieces of similar yarn that I'm working up into some hot pads.

She also sent along 2 more afghan squares that she had finished to go in the box that I will be sending off soon.

What a treat!! There is nothing quite as uplifting as an unexpected present!!

Here, then, is my latest completed afghan square.

With the squares from my sister I think I have enough to send off a box now! I'll be testing for size in my box of choice today.

Real progress was made on the jewelry piece yesterday. I did finally figure out how to connect the two pieces of stone and have begun the branched fringing on the bottom edge. Another very different piece.

time to get to work!!

1 comment:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I love to get unexpected boxes in the mail, too! :)