Monday, June 18, 2007

odds & ends....

It always catches me off guard when I open a magazine and see my own work looking back at me!

We get this local advertising magazine, and there in the center was this ad.

On the right hand side are two of my pieces (that I sold to the store owner a while back).

The pink heart shaped piece and the red oval piece (next to it) are both my work.

Its hard for me to look at those and remember that only a year ago or so I thought these were to most wonderful pieces ever. Now I look at them and think "gee, I could have done the fringe with branching, I could have used more beads between the pieces", etc., etc.

Guess that just means my style is continuing to change and grow and I'm learning new things (and making some up as I go along!)



Another afghan square complete!

On Saturday we did go up to Denver for the gem show. I went "bargain hunting" with a sheet of paper in hand where I had printed a scan of the pieces of stone I wanted to find pieces to go with. I did find some nice pieces and didn't spend a whole lot.

I'll be posting pictures of those as I get the designs into production.

Meantime, I'm nearly done with the tube beads for the iolite/sunstone piece I've been working on.....I needed to do 34 of these and I have 29 finished! Should be able to string this up soon.

Along with the afghan square, I worked on the recycling knitting project and the felting piece in the car up and back (can't waste the 2 hours in the car!!)

The bottom of the plastic bag is half done now, and I've not yet worked my way through a whole ball of strips. Who knew a little plastic bag could stretch so far!

The felting piece is moving along, I still haven't used up all of the first skein of yarn and the piece is about 15 inches tall....WOW! As I was admiring the label of the skein I decided that I should hang on to it. Instead of just putting a hang tag on this critter I want to do a little booklet (in Art Card style) that describes how he/she was created. This should be a fun project too!



A lot of time has been spent putting in the little pieces that go around the center block of the quilt this week. I've got only 2 more little corner blocks to go (16 pieces to those 2), then the center block, the batting, the back and the binding. Yes, its moving right along.

So today its laundry and a trip to the pharmacy and hopefully getting that necklace finished.

time to get to it

No comments: