Wednesday, June 20, 2007

chugging along on projects......

After having finished the iolite and sunstone piece of jewelry on Monday, yesterday I started working on a piece that is turquoise and coral.

One of the pieces of turquoise had a hairline crack across it that had been repaired, but I decided to cover the repair with beads and make that one of the design elements in the piece.

Pictures of this piece in the future (I promise!)


Last night was the 3rd of my Class II in cake decorating.

This is just a little sample of what we did last night. If you'd like to see more, use this link to go to Hattie's Cookbook.



After class I came home and worked on this a bit. Yes, its a plastic bag TOTE BAG....this piece is the bottom of the tote bag. Its sort of fun seeing all the different colors of bags that went into it.

The next step is to pick up stitches across the other 3 sides and the rest of the bag is knit around and around to the desired height.

The original pattern called for lining this thing with a fabric liner. I haven't decided yet if I'm actually going to do that.



And I FINALLY reached the end of the first skein of wool. It knit up to 23 inches!

As you can see at the very top edge, I joined the other skein last night and knit one row before I was falling asleep.

Because I am going to felt this piece I decided that I wanted the change of colors to happen at the beginning of a row, so there is still a little piece of the dark wool (about 12 inches) that I have put away with the skein label to use in the "art book" that will go with the little critter when its done.

Work on the center block of the quilt has begun. I got everything set up and have started working on stitching the monogram. So far, this part is going much easier than I thought it would....its a good thing!

Lots of things to do today....including playing with the dog in the wading pool because its supposed to be HOT today.....

we're off!

No comments: