Thursday, June 07, 2007

As promised....

Pictures of the Royal Icing mums I did in class Tuesday evening.

Here they are all lined up in their drying rack. I think they look pretty awesome!

Now I just have to find a box I can keep them in safely until we do our final class in three weeks.

I baked a cake and did some experimenting with new things, you can read about that adventure over at Hatties Kitchen.


While I probably should have been working on other things yesterday, I spent a lot of time working on the altered shirt that I am making into a jacket.

I trimmed off the bottom edge to make it a straight edge, and split the front. Then I cut out the lining fabric and a bias strip to back the knitted edge.

This picture is the end of the day shot that shows what the band at the bottom looks like now that it is sewed on. Pretty cool!


And I finished another hotpad....these pictures show the front and back.

Its always fascinating to me how the pattern develops when you crochet around and around switching yarn back and forth every round or so....



more progress on the quilt too....


Today we need to get things organized for the garage sale we are doing on Saturday. Every year one of our local real estate agents organizes this sale and the "entry fee" he charges goes to the local Children's Hospital. So, I'm collecting up whatever household and clothing stuff that hasn't sold on Ebay and we're getting rid of some furniture and tools that we don't need as well.....

and so we're off and moving!

No comments: