Tuesday, June 12, 2007

seen from the "studio" window.....

There is nothing quite like being awakened by loud barking of a labrador at 5:55 a.m.
I'll grant that this morning she had something to tell us, however
I stumbled out of bed, finally found my glasses and went to the window to see what she thought was worth all the commotion....
there in the field behind our yard were two deer!
with antlers no less....one a 3 point (on each side), their antlers are still all covered with velvet....beautiful animals.
It had rained gently through the night and it was cool and overcast still, so there wasn't a great amount of light to get these pictures with my little digital camera, but they're still amazing to me
during the time we have lived here I've seen bunnies and foxes and a lot of different birds, but this is the first time we've had deer in the back yard
or nearly (a 6 foot fence being something of a deterent). I am officially amazed!!


Yesterday's work in the studio was pretty lean....I tried 3 different things putting together the jewelry, but none of them actually worked....I'll try something else today (not sure what). Meantime I got flyers for my upcoming show addressed and ready when the stamps arrive. Oh yes, and the laundry and shopping. Today I need to mix up the frosting for my class tonight before I get all involved in something else.

time to get to it....

1 comment:

Laura Lynn said...

Oh that is so cool!!! They look absolutely magnificent!

Hugz,
Laura