Monday, August 11, 2008

birds and knitting on a lazy Sunday

As I said yesterday, I just wasn't feeling "top notch".

I did, however, manage to get quite a bit of work done on various projects.

This one, for instance.

This is the first block for the bird quilt, and it is as complete as I can make it before setting it into the background.

The plan is for the rest of the "branch" and the tail and other toes to actually extend out of the block into the border

I do really like the look of him tho' -- quite colorful!


So as soon as I finished that bird as far as I could, I went and pulled out this group of fabrics.

These will be the next bird

actually, I have nearly finished that one as well

I should be able to put out a picture of it tomorrow








I FINALLY finished this sweater

This is going to Warm Woolies to keep a small child warm this winter.

It looks pretty good, but it seemed like it took F-O-R-E-V-E-R to finish!!

The next piece for Warm Woolies will be a vest -- they go quicker, and its easier to make them with small pieces of left over yarns since they are knit around and around



and then there was this knitting

just a plain garter stitch block of bright red wool

it is in the washer with extremely hot water and half a dozen pair of old blue jeans as we "speak", being turned into felt so I can make a beret for the latest lab animal



So despite, not feeling my best, I did get quite a lot done --

Onward!

No comments: