Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Finished -- maybe












the "cords" are attached and it's done

or not

I like the way the beadwork looks, but I'm thinking the "cords" are too long

and I'm not sure I like the starkness of the edges -- thinking it needs some kind of "drop" from the sides and maybe even the middle

so, like I said, it's finished -- maybe

I reserve the right to "tweek" it some more even if it means removing the "cords" and making them shorter



this, on the other hand, is done

and I'm pleased with it

this is one of the 2 "head only" blocks in the bird quilt

it went really quickly (not nearly so many pieces)




so, it's on to the colors for the next block

as you can see, there are a lot more colors in this one than the little cockatoo face, so this one will take a bit longer -- there are 95 pieces in it


We've been working on the faces of some new bears

yesterday I spent some time doing some bead embroidery on one of them that was supposed to look like teeth

It does -- like a beaver's teeth

today I'll be picking those out!!

meantime, the "felting" that I was trying to get done didn't really "felt" -- it shrunk, but it didn't truly take on the "all one piece of fabric" look that I had hoped for. Today I will be trying to improve on that with some boiling water in a dish pan (and heavy rubber gloves!)

such are the usual ups and downs of things in the studio!!

No comments: