Thursday, August 14, 2008

NOW its done



Remember this ?

Yes, a couple of days ago I was fussing about how I wasn't sure I liked it and it didn't look finished to me, etc., etc.

Well, I decided to "fiddle" with it and see if I could make it better

in my eyes anyway!


So, here is the revised version

I used some of the same shimmery glass "leaf" beads that I had used for the angel wings to make the dangles

then I did a truly simple thing to shorten the length

I tied the "cords" in a simple overhand knot

This idea had never occurred to me before, but I actually like the look of it and since the "cords" were made with right angle weave, it was flexible enough to be able to do this without worry of breaking either the beads or the thread

Ok, so NOW its done -- I'm pretty sure

what do you think?

Yesterday the new supplies I had ordered arrived -- a few odds and ends to finish up some projects in process, and one really cool piece to build a whole necklace around -- of course there were a couple of items backordered (naturally, some of the ones really mandatory to finish one project), but there were plenty of goodies to keep me going for a while

and then when I went to run some errands, I picked up the latest issue of Bead and Button. It has several techniques that I hadn't seen before (one especially cool "chain" technique) and I want to try some of them out -- I know, like I needed another project!!

This morning as I was doing my walk I came up with an idea for another quilt too --- ok, just one more iron in the fire

So today we take the last things to the State Fair -- a quilt, a jacket and a sweater -- it should be interesting -- last week reception was great, so I hope today's will be as well

time to get movin'

1 comment:

Laura Lynn said...

Bev that piece looks simply stunning!! Good luck at Fair!!
Hugz,
Laura