Sunday, August 10, 2008

grumpy .....

Well, can we say I am not pleased....awaking to day 3 of a persistant (mostly) low grade headache and just generally feeling not quite right

is it the humidity (which has gone much higher than usual as we are now in the summer monsoon season)?

have I picked up a bug of some sort?

who knows --

we went to visit with my folks yesterday, taking along some of the last jars of last year's peaches that we had put up as well as some goodies from the farmer's market -- amazing to me, that there are at least 3 farmer's markets that we could get to in any given week, but there is not a single one anywhere close to my parents -- not a good thing

anyway, from there it was off to my sister's house to pick up 4 boxes (YES, BOXES!) of peaches that will be canned, jammed and eaten fresh -- 2 boxes are to be put up for my dad, who loves them and its a good way to get calories in him -- so there will be jars and seals and large pots of hot water in the near future

so while I was in the car I finally finished the knitting on the sweater I've been doing for Warm Woolies, and now have only to stitch the underarm seams and it will be ready to ship off -- oh yes, and completed another afghan square

time to get moving and see if I can actually get something done despite the headache --- yuk!

No comments: