Thursday, August 07, 2008

wherein I become a bigger geek

this, boys and girls, is my newly acquire, looooonnnnngg awaited new phone

I can not BEGIN to tell you how wonderful it is to be able to actually stay INSIDE my house to talk on the phone -- the old one had taken on some, well, "idiot-syncrasies" (as in making me feel like an idiot!)

our initial problem was simply the logistics of getting me, my old phone and my daughter into the cell phone store -- not an easy task when we live at opposite ends of the state!

so, there was a phone call made to our service provider, putting me "officially" on the account (never mind that the payment every month actually comes out of MY bank account), with an appropriate password (yes, something I can remember!!), and yesterday afternoon I walked into the store and picked out my new phone!!

Notice, its a lovely shade of deep red -- burgandy? plum? -- anyway, something OTHER than gray

it has "features" (and yes that is a good thing/bad thing!)

things like a camera (which I have learned how to take and save a picture with, just not how to send it anywhere -- yet)

and optional GPS navigator (which would have been mightily handy when we were lost in Dallas a couple of years ago) in which I can enter the address I want to go to and it will TALK me through the directions

it has other "bells and whistles" too, but I haven't begun to figure those out yet

oh yeah, I haven't yet figured out how to use the alarm clock on it either -- which was a minor annoyance when I left the house this morning for my walk (I usually set the alarm for 30 minutes when I leave so I know how I'm doing for time) -- but I plan to figure that one out TODAY!!

In the end, after my mail in rebate comes, the phone will have cost me $0.00 -- yup, that's zero, zilch, zip, nada, bubkus, nothing -- as in FREE! Gotta love those upgrade points!!

So, I'm happy -- if confused -- but its all good

No comments: