Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tending to our knitting ---

Notice the BIG bandage he's sporting



Freeing the tendon was a bigger project than the doctor anticipated -- not only did he cut that band of tissue that was keeping the tendon from moving (which was the original plan), but he also had to repair the tendon because it had become attached to that ring of tissue and was starting to fray

A couple more weeks or so and it might have ruptured the tendon too

Considering all that, he's had very little pain, and is taking only the extra strength tylenol -- not the RX the doctor gave him


So, while the doctor was doing his stitching, I was working on this

Moving right along on another vest that will be sent off to Warm Woolies

Because I wanted to use up some odds and ends of pieces, I'm doing this one in stripes

Easier to do for the vest pattern because it is worked in a circle

Lookin' good!


Thursday evening I got this bird block finished as far as it can be before I set it into the rest of the quilt

His tail will extend down into the color that will be around the bird blocks, so that will be added once the blocks are set together

Pretty awesome I think








So this is the group of colors for the next bird block.

I actually started stitching on that block last night

According to my piece count, I am now 1/3 of the way to having this top finished -- amazing!

So of course as I'm working away on this one, I have designs for TWO more floating around in my head -- there will be sketching and planning and coloring and solving of "how do I {insert some technique here}? to follow I'm sure.

Today I'm going to make a pass at mowing the front yard -- we probably should have done that before the DH had surgery, but we used the time to put up the rest of the peaches instead.

time to get to it!

3 comments:

Laura Lynn said...

Oh my goodness, thank GOODNESS he went in NOW and not later! That's fabulous that he's about to stick to OTC meds!!

WOW, that Blue Gold is FABULOUS!!!!

Hugz,
Laura

Bev said...

thanks Laura Lynn!

Nancy G said...

That bird is gorgeous! Good thing you don't like to applique, right? 8^)