Wednesday, August 06, 2008

just when you thought it was safe--

and I wouldn't bore you with more revelations about "recycled" bears --

SURPRISE!!

Here's another one

Now the "remake" on this one has to do with a very different idea -- I needed to test out a new idea for a nose, and I decided that doing it on a synthetic fur just wouldn't have the same "feel" as doing it on a mohair bear

So, right after I took this picture I used my little scissors and a pair of tweezers to pick out the thread of the nose and on the feet and remove the lace collar

The experimental nose went quite well -- such a great success that the bear I was testing the technique for will definately be getting a similar treatment

So now I need to finish the feet of the "lab animal" and do the accessories and the travel sack

pictures to follow of the "remake"!

(Oh yeah, and the new bear design too, as soon as I finish it)


I'm so excited by the progress being made both on the necklace and the bird quilt.

For the necklace I am making a tapered "chain" using right angle weave, and I have finished the flat piece, all ready for "zipping" for one side. Since I want to make the "clasp" a beaded toggle, I'm trying to decide what the bar side of the toggle should look like -- right now I'm leaning toward making a barrel shaped bead out of the same seed beads as the chain -- we'll see

Meantime I've finished the chest of the first bird block and nearly finished the head -- hopefully today I'll get the head finished and start on the wing -- its been a lot of fun so far -- I love using all these different colors. I had a conversation over the weekend with my California friend about making the parts of the bird that extend outside of its block more 3 dimensional. She had a couple of suggestions, and I may give them a try.

Guess its time to go do some work on things

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

"The experimental nose went quite well -- such a great success that the bear I was testing the technique for will definately be getting a similar treatment"

Wow, bruin rhinoplasty! Are you carrying the appropriate malpractice insurance, in case something goes wrong? LOL