Sunday, August 17, 2008

Meet Calabash


This is the latest "lab animal" to be redone

I wanted to try out the nose technique, and because I liked the way that came out, I decided to go ahead and finish him up

The hat is made of wool felt that I made by knitting some red wool and hand felting it. I used some of that same red wool to do the embroidery on his paws

The vest and the travel sack are made of fabrics directly out of my "stash" -- no new purchases here! In fact, the vest back and its lining as well as the top of the bag are red because there wasn't quite enough of the black and white check to do both.

But I do like that red with it!

So, now that I know the nose technique works, I'll be using it on a couple of other bears that are sitting in the studio looking like blind harp seals because the faces aren't done yet!! Perhaps today!


(by the way, anyone got any guesses where his name came from?)

No comments: