Saturday, January 16, 2010

the moon is NOT green cheese

in this case it is glass beads!

finished stitching all the little whorls and twirls of beads last night

so now it's on to doing the sky -- pouring many, many different black beads into the work tray to figure out what that pattern will look like





the kitting for projects of the newly arrived beads is done

one project involves making a collar type necklace with bright gold seed beads and cobalt blue cubes that look like lapis -- which made me think of this design motif and using those glass "eye" cabs and some real lapis stones -- just need to dig about in the box of stones and see what lapis I have on hand (because you know I'm going to be very unhappy if I discover that I should have ordered just one more thing!!)

this arrived yesterday

I read the author's blog almost every day, and if you are a knitter or just a human being with a good heart and a sense of humor, you should too

you can find her here

I sat down right away and went through the whole book!

the only word I can use is AMAZING

her patterns are awesome and there are a lot of them packed into such a few pages

she's kind to those of us that are new at this lace thing by giving guidance on how to start out as well as "grading" each and every pattern from "beginner" to "experienced" (and I already know you can trust her advice on these things -- she's the one that told me that knitting of lace weight silk was a bad idea with metal needles)

but the thing that will get you are the stories about each pattern --- I laughed and cried --- so sweet, so - human

now the only question is which one do I knit (and for whom?)

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Thank you, Bev! I'm very glad you're enjoying it. Love the beadwork, too; beautiful!