Sunday, August 11, 2013

Saturday studio time

it's been cooler the past few days, and since I'm still not supposed to be doing heavy lifting, bending, etc., I spent quite a bit of time in the studio yesterday

the redesign of the clasp for the piece of jewelry I'm working on is complete

I've only used one of these slide clasps before, and that was on a bracelet -- I'm starting to get the hang of installing them

next step is that little cubic right angle weave project


all of the stitching of the sky is finished now -- this picture was taken while there was still that little area at the right hand side that had pins in it, but that has now been stitched as has the very first of the mountain pieces

cool

seems once I started drawing again, it just continues to flow out onto the paper

a while back my daughter asked me if could do her a fall wall art piece (I've already done her a Christmas one and a Halloween one)

I'm not sure if this is more "formal" than she had in mind, but I do like this drawing

it has that "did I do that" feel to it -- so I think rather she likes it and I do it for her or it just goes in the sketch file for future "slice of life" work, I'm hanging on to it

another afghan square got completed when I talked with my sister yesterday

we have good news -- her DH is home!  he still has health issues to be dealt with, but they'll be doing it together with their doctor's advising

I offered to help if I can

I see more afghan squares getting knit!


1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh, I'm so glad he's home!