Monday, August 05, 2013

just in case you thought you had any control

a little catching up is in order here

the burning bush plants and the new mulching has been all installed

and after three trips, the sprinkler system is back in running order -- whoot! whoot!  no more hauling around hoses and we don't have to worry about watering on the proper days when we're not at home for some reason


on Thursday I got the backs all done on this piece, and it's ready to be strung together

since my sister was here, we did a "field trip" to the yarn store --- I picked up some yarn from the discount bin to do some felted bags with --- I have a plan for what I want to do with these, now I just have to get to it

on Saturday evening around 9 pm I was sitting in my chair quilting on a piece and my nose started bleeding (for the third time in a week)

unlike the first two times, it just kept bleeding, so off we went to the ER where they packed one side of my nose and sent me home with antibiotics to stave off the possible sinus infection

this picture is the inside of my arm where they tried to get blood to do lab work -- they could have just put a tube under my nose instead of doing all this digging around -- I would have been less bruised!

since my little ER trip, I've largely just snoozed in my recliner

I did get this afghan square finished

this afternoon I go to the doctor and they will remove the packing and hopefully tell me how we can put a stop to this

thank goodness I now have health insurance!





1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Thank goodness for that insurance and sorry about the nosebleed! Cool that you got to visit with your sister.