Monday, February 05, 2007

answers to "what is it" and other fun stuff......


Yesterday I was talking about the new silver pieces that DH was creating.

This one didn't get posted because it wasn't quite done, but I think you'll agree with me that it was worth waiting for!

Measuring 1 1/2" wide by 2" tall, this is probably his most amazing piece to date.

No, that isn't a reflection or a bad light on the leaf. After he got finished with this piece, he applied gold leaf to the uneven surface to create this effect!

And I love the curve and bend in this one too, it looks like a real leaf, frozen in silver and dusted with gold.

WOW!!


This is a quick shot of the bear that I finished yesterday.

After fussing with his feet A LOT!, I decided that trying to applique "yoyos" for toe pads with thick upholstry velvet on something this small was the height of insanity, and went with embroidery instead....

I do like the way he came out, and the fish that DH did for him is wonderful (third time being the charm here!)

Today there will be serious photo shooting and cropping and all, so I can get this entry for the 2007 ACE off by this afternoon's deadline (Ok, nothing like pressing the last minute here!!) But in fact, I hadn't planned to enter him until next month, for the February semi finals, but since the January deadline for submitting is today, I might as well.

We've already been talking about doing another entry for the ACE this year. The theme is the International Polar Year, so of course, polar bears are required here. I'm thinking maybe one on all fours, a bit more of the realistic look, since this guy is obviously a "character"!



Congrats Nancy, you got the right answer! Yes, yesterday's picture of red boxes is indeed wedding cake.

This picture was yesterday afternoon's adventure with cake. To read all about this adventure, click here (trust me, its a fun adventure!)

Because I spent so much time yesterday afternoon fiddling with bear feet, I ran out of time last night before I finished the beading on the bracelet. Hopefully today I can get that accomplished.

Meantime, today will include all of the usual Monday stuff....laundry, cleaning bathrooms.....

ONWARD!

1 comment:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I love to see you and your husband's creations!