Sunday, February 04, 2007

A busy day in the studio.....

....mostly by DH, who went on a "creative tear" yesterday and created 5 (yes FIVE!) new silver pieces! (My part on these is basically to keep the paperwork straight and put on the chains -- sometimes putting together raw chain and a clasp for them)

So here are his new pieces:



This one measures 1 3/8" tall by 3/4" wide.

The stone is a natural garnet (just about the only natural stone that will withstand the "cooking" in the kiln that is required to make these).

This one is on a 20" chain.

I think this one looks like a little pocket book....a very "in" fashion statement just now.



This one is all silver, no stone.

He used his new dapping block set to give this one a curved surface (which doesn't show up very well in the picture).

I called this one The Daisy.

It is 1 1/8" in diameter, and its on an 18" chain.




Measuring just 3/4" in diameter, I named this one The Fish Charm.

It has a sort of rustic, textured look. Something different from a lot of his other pieces since there is no added embellishment.

This one is on a 16" chain.



Another 3/4" piece on a 16" chain.

On this one he layered the textured heart on top.

So I named this one the Heart Charm.




And this one, which I named the Open Heart.

This piece measures 1" by 1" and is on an 18" chain.

He was experimenting with an idea he has that will incorporate this shape with a stone suspended in the center. Now that one should be really interesting!

It will be fun to see what he comes up with next!




This is today's "What Is It?"


I'll give you all a chance to guess, then I'll see who's been paying attention!





The arcs on the quilt are officially half finished....good progress being made!

I can report that the errant fish has been completed without further trips to the frog pond (oh good, who needs a fish that croaks!) The bear has a face, but I'm still working on the appliqued foot pads....tiny little circles of upholstry velvet stitched to a curved, stuffed wool felt surface....what WAS I thinking....but I'll get it finished today (hopefully!)

One end of the pink bracelet is all beaded, and I started into the last quarter of the beadwork last night, so that piece will be done soon too!

As usual, lots of work happens with no discernable progress, then everything is done all at once.

So today I will try to get the new necklaces up on the website, and perhaps another bear or two....

time to get to it......

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

Can you say "wedding cake?" I knew you could!
The new silver pieces look neat; it should be interesting figuring out the stone suspension thing. Looking forward to seeing pix of the pink bracelet...