Monday, February 12, 2007

marching along....(to the beat of a different drummer?)

ok, maybe it just the 2 day sinus headache that I'm hearing.....

but I did manage to get some more work done on the egg.....


and what looked like a belt has been upgraded to a cummerbund (ok, this is another of those words....to me it sounds like it should be spelled "cumberbun" ... obviously the hearing to seeing link is seriously broken ....)

anyway, the egg is coming along. I almost doubled the width of the band, but it didn't take as long. These things get easier as they progress.



This is the Miner's Foundry where in 59 DAYS the Teddy Bear show begins!

I worked on the toucan some yesterday. Both body sides are stitched together and the back seam is complete. The next step is the tummy gusset. We're moving along...






2 more arcs done on the quilt for a total of 57. At this pace I will have to set up more pieces by the end of the week....its a good thing!





Aren't these nice?

We've decided to have a go at a small veggie garden this year, and during a recent trip to the store, they had these seed packets on special for 10 cents each, so we induldged.....yes, I know, only the ones on the right side are veggies ... beans and beets (lots of B vitamins?) That's because we usually buy plant starts for tomatoes, and its too early.

The flowers are an attempt to perk up the back part of the yard with some color.

Today is laundry day, so I'll be getting my "stair master" work out....fun

No comments: