Friday, February 02, 2007

Major disappointment and a happy dance.....



Right about now I should be riding along in the van, headed East across Nebraska, headed to Des Moines, Iowa.

Instead, I'm here, pounding out a message on my computer keyboard....

We woke up yesterday morning to more snow (nice picture from outside my front window here) and the forecast of still more snow to come and some truly frigid temperatures.

I spent most of yesterday being bummed out, unpacking everything and generally grumping around the house wondering if we had made the right choice to cancel our trip.

Well, this morning I'm sure we did. The news has been full of reports of accidents and problems with highways closed because the anti-ice stuff that they use on the roads just isn't effective at 18 degrees BELOW ZERO!!!!

{sigh!} But now it won't be until after our April bear show (so, sometime in May, I guess) that I can take my jewelry anywhere .... which kind of takes the wind out of the creative sails.

On the up side, however, I was notified yesterday that the on line magazine I had submitted things to used just about EVERYTHING I sent in! I don't get paid for these articles, but I'm hoping the publicity will get us an order or two.

Click HERE to read the feature article about us.

Click HERE to read the article about the makeover of one of our bears (and check out the added google ads at the end of the article for a real laugh!)

Click HERE to read the story and get a printable sheet of the paperdoll bears I submitted

Click HERE to see one of our newest frogs

Click HERE to see Clem and Daisy





There are now 46 arcs done -- 2 more to go to be half way on the arcs.

I did work on a bracelet yesterday. This one is rhodochrosite and beads, and its coming along nicely.

Not sure what I'll be doing today, probably working more on the bracelet and maybe working on updating the web page.

....into the fray.....

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Yes, the snow storms are terrible! It's best to be safe. So cool about the articles, you and your work look great!

Bev said...

thanks Kelly! I'm spending some time today rewriting part of my website....probably needed to do that anyway!!