Friday, February 16, 2007

which came first?




its hard to tell, as we seem to have both eggs and birds in the works!

This is the progress on the egg front and back. I am going to start working toward the top now and finish up the bottom at the end....

I'm taking this tack for 3 reasons.....
1. I want to pull the whole piece upward on the egg so the bottom edge of the leaf doesn't get lost on the bottom
2. I may run short of the darker blue beads before the whole thing is finished and if I know that before I finish the bottom I can make a minor design change
3. Going around and around with just blue is boring.....


and this is the toucan all stitched

now he's ready for stuffing and finishing, which means I'm actually going to have to do something about his feet. DH did the wire forms for me, but I still need to wrap them with the floral tape and do the multiple coats of paint. Guess I'll get to that starting today.

I starting cutting and stitching the Lep-Bear-Con yesterday afternoon. It looks pretty good....pictures to follow soon.

There are only 56 DAYS to the Nevada City Show, and lots of work to do!





finished 5 more arcs since Wednesday, which makes a total of 66 -- only 30 more to do!

....back to work.....

No comments: