Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Is it a mini skirt yet?




I'm guessing that would be the next step from the cummerbund.

Worked on this for about an hour last night....on the front at the right hand side you can see that I have finished the bottom edge of the lilly petal on that side too.

On the back I'm about 5 rows away from finishing the bottom edge of the second letter.

I can tell that once all of the graph work is finished and I'm into just filling the bottom with blue beads that I'm going to be in trouble as boredom sets in. Maybe I'll alternate between top rows (where there's more graph work to do) and bottom rows. Of course there's always a bracelet or two, a couple of necklaces and at least half a dozen pins on the drawing board if I get desperate!





This is the progress on the toucan. I ended up adding an additional piece to the tummy gusset to accomodate the changed beak. Also note the new wings. The last pieces to be stitched are the tail feathers .... red and black .... which I will work on today.

This shows great promise of being finished in plenty of time for the Nevada City Teddy Bear Show in just 59 DAYS!

We spent some time yesterday working on the design and layout of a new critter --- A Lep-bear-con --- for an online contest. This was actually a lot of fun, and probably a first for one of our designs. Usually one or the other of us does the design and pattern, but this one is truly a collaboration even there. I'm looking forward to putting this one together, which of course gives me extra incentive to finish the toucan!





59 arcs complete ... tomorrow I will definately need to get out the iron and the fabrics and set up some more strips for sewing.

Its cold, foggy, snowy this morning, and we're going to stay in and work on projects today!!

No comments: