Sunday, February 25, 2007

catching up.....


This is the latest piece of silver clay finished by DH...(ok, he finished his part about a week ago, it just took me forever to get the chain put on it!)

Each of the little stones in the center of the shamrocks is a natural emerald....not a big one, but REAL!

I really like this piece. Seems that each one he does now days is another totally different form.

He has a truly awesome cross design that he is working on now and trying to get the design "features" solved.



I've been working on this piece.

By using different sizes of beads I've been able to create an interesting texture in the surface.

This is actually going faster than I thought it would, and I should have it finished this week sometime.




and as promised, here is the status of the egg.

When I'm working on it the pattern doesn't seem to be nearly as clear as it is when I take the pictures. A true example of not being able to see the forest for the trees!

Its really hard to tell in the photo, but on the lilly side, clear over at the far left there is one lighter blue bead which is the edge of the top petal of the lilly...a milestone of sorts on the chart!



I was notified that this critter (and several other rabbits we've done) will be included in the March issue of Bears and Buds!

I'll post a link here when the issue comes out.



At long last, another finished afghan square.

This one went through several "frog ponds" at the beginning as I just couldn't seem to get the guage right to make it come out to 12 inches!

I started a new one last night. No pattern, just fooling around, so we'll see how it goes.




How about a nice hot dog?

Elphie didn't care for yesterday's windy, cold weather, so she appropriated the blanket that DH uses to cover his feet in the evenings.....oh, and isn't it a pity that she has no toys? Just try to get a dog to pick them up and put them away....way worse than a kid!!



You can read more about this picture here

let's just say, its not a pretty picture!









3 more arcs complete, and more adjustments made to the REAL piece count total....ok, I was DEFINATELY brain dead when I did this originally!!

The taxes are done and in the mail.....HURRAH!!!

need to spend some time today doing the monthly computer maintenance .... writing picture files to CDs, cleaning up old files, etc., etc.

ONWARD!

No comments: