Wednesday, March 21, 2007

amazed by nature's internal calendar.....



Spring arrived yesterday a bit after 6 pm according to our local news channel.

I was delighted this morning to walk out my front door and see that my daffodills can read the calendar and obligingly were in bloom for the first full day of spring!

The grass is beginning to green up too (Drat, that means mowing isn't far behind). And I'm not fooled, I know we will probably get one more winter blast before we can safely put away snow shovels, mittens and thick jackets, but for today, its Spring!



This was the second piece of jewelry I retreived from the local store the other day, in its new incarnation.

This is the only pin of this shape I've ever done, and I rather like it. Its better now I think because I really like the "dangles" .... no, that's not fringe, not dense enough...

I think I have finally figured out what I'm doing with the heart shaped piece too, so I'll be getting busy on that one today.



This is the third block to be sent to Close Knit Hugs.

I rather like the effect of the red with the heather gray yarn....looks pretty good.

Now its on to number 4, what fun combo can I pull out of the bag this time?




26 footballs complete.....

Last night was not a good one (one of those "white nights" .... I feel like the horse ran over me!), so I don't know how much work will get done today....we'll see.

No comments: