Monday, March 19, 2007

another FO and the rework blues.....



The earrings are done!

These actually went fairly quickly, and came out pretty well.

The stone in the center is pink quartz, and they measure 1 1/8 inch square.



Then there is this piece and another piece that I finally retreived from a local shop.

Back about 18 months ago this new shop opened in our area and she was very anxious to have me come and teach a class about what I was doing, etc., etc., so I made up these two samples and she put me on her class schedule, but nothing ever came of it.

Anyway, last week we finally made connections and I was able to retrieve the pieces.

Now at the time I made these I thought they were pretty good (and they are), but compared to the latest ones, 18 months and a lot of practice and new techniques later, I strongly feel they need to be reworked.

Soooooo, yesterday I took a trip to the frog pond and ripped out the edges of both of them.....now I just have to figure out what it is I'm doing with them next. Whatever it turns out to be, I'm sure it will be different!




24 footballs done.........

today we need to run some errands, pick up RX at the drug store, find a new pair of work gloves for DH (who has been destroying his hands trying to dig out the roots of the lilac bush we're taking out), pick up the joint pieces for the PVC trash bag holder he built me for the yard work (pictures to follow), do laundry....all of the mundane stuff.....

into the fray..........

No comments: