Friday, March 16, 2007

of finished objects.....



its really fun to finish something that has taken a long time to do.

I finished this yesterday afternoon....shouts of hurrah!! There was dancing about and other foolishness in the studio....

I tried a totally new way to attach the necklace to the medallion, and I'm very pleased with the result. This way there is no visable "link", it looks like a continuous string of beads...very cool.

I also got the opportunity to use the new tool I got recently to do crimps where connecting the clasp. Its really neat...the old tool just squashed the crimps tube flat (if you were very careful you could make it look like a flat rectangular bead, but most of the time it just looked squashed)...the new tool makes the crimp into a round that looks like a 2mm sterling silver bead....so nice!



These are the earrings that will go with the necklace.

I have all of the beading done on the front, so now its on to the edges. These will have fringe drops that will be similiar to the necklace, just not so many or as long.

Basically these took about 90 minutes to do....I'm getting quicker at this.

I recently got a copy of a book that is on making jewelry pieces with many of the same materials that I use. Her techniques, however, are completely different! I'm wondering if there is a market for my version out there. So, I'm going to do a bit of research and see just how many books are out there about this. This would be a fun book to write and a combination of two of my passions....writing and beading.



A while back the charity that I had been knitting for was disbanded, and I had been looking for someone else to donate to. This has not been an easy task, feeling strongly that charity should begin at home, I wanted to donate to something that was helping people here in the USA....and I found Close Knit Hugs.

This is the first square I've done for them. Whipped it up in about an hour last night while I was watching the news and the first of the Letterman show....

The requirements are a bit different (smaller squares, different yarns), but the afghans are still going to folks in the Gulf Coast region as they try to put their lives back together.

I'm going to enjoy shipping things off to them!




2 more footballs done....that makes 21, we're on the downhill side!!

My sister and her family are coming to visit with us this afternoon. Since I haven't seen her since the first weekend in December, we should have lots to talk about!

Time to go vacuum the family room and ice a cake!

No comments: