Sunday, March 18, 2007

slogging along.....

We worked in the yard yesterday, preparing for trees. On our back terrace there was a decorative windmill and a metal arch, left by the previous owner. We moved the windmill to the side yard -- when we have our annual garage sale, we'll set it out there and see if anyone wants it. We were going to do likewise with the arch, but when I started to move it I discovered it was very rusted, so we've just dismantalled it and will throw it in the trash.

After all that, I'm a bit sore this morning....ah yes, the "I've been in the house working on art and turning into a jelly fish all winter" soreness of spring! We'll be doing a bit more this afternoon.

This morning there was a hot air balloon taking off from the field just in back of our house....unfortunately I didn't have my camera close at hand, so I missed memorializing the event.....I was also surprised that our dog didn't pitch a fit....maybe with the name of Elphaba she's properly respectful of hot air balloons....afraid that someone will drop a house on her perhaps....



I finished another square for the afghan project. Its amazing the change in color from the variagated yarn all by itself to when its combined with something else. Since I pulled apart a gray sweater not long ago, there will be a lot of gray and some other color squares for a while.

Meantime, I have decided that the knitted leaf pattern is NOT working....ending up with a HUGH! tangle when I tried to work into the second section, so its back to the drawing board for that project......NUTS!




Another football complete......rooooolllllling sllllloooooowwwwwlllllyyy!

time to get some breakfast!

No comments: