Tuesday, March 06, 2007

a little bit of this, a little bit of that....




This was the sunrise this morning....pretty enough to get me out the back door with my camera at 6:11 am!

I wish there was some way to truly capture this wonderful color in a bead embroidery, but I haven't found it yet




As promised, pictures of the progress on the egg.

The lilly just amazes me....

Notice at the top edge the lighter blue beads in little "V" shapes working into the darker blue....I'm almost out of the darker beads, so I've worked in this little design variation to finish the top (and the bottom) with the lighter colored beads



And this looks more and more like a butterfly with every bead I add (to me anyway). I have the quartz squares all set up to do the earrings to go with this too.....



Back during the fall show season, I gave some rough stone to a guy to make cabs from.

This is what arrived in the mail yesterday, and I'm thrilled and amazed.

The piece at the left is a really thick tigereye with great color. The other two pieces are turquoise pieces that I've had sitting around in a box since 1969, and they look a lot better now that the cutter has done his work.

Seeing how great these look has encouraged me to look through the rough stone again and maybe send him some more pieces to do for me!





Another football shape complete (and another well on its way this morning during the quilt show, since I was awake), only 38 to go!

My supply order arrived yesterday too, so today I will try to finish up the repair order I have to work on.

No comments: