Monday, March 12, 2007

We've "sprung"

but we're really confused!

You see, for the last 15 years we've always been in Nevada City, CA, doing our favorite bear show during "spring forward" weekend.

This year, everything is confused....even if the powers that be hadn't changed when we did the springing, I'd still be messed up, because the show is a week later than usual..... [ONLY 32 DAYS TO GO!]



All of which means we're still moving along on animals.

This is Bill. The latest in a long line of penguins (some with and some without scarfs....its a little something I added on one, and it just stuck!)

We try to always have at least one of these on hand at shows.




This is the latest new animal.

He has no name yet. In fact, he almost didn't get finished. I had done the sewing and stuffing back in January, but I was totally unhappy with his face.

Well, yesterday I did some major "rework" in the mouth area and changed the shape and positioning of the ears.

Much better. Now I'm just waiting for him to "speak" and tell me who he is.



Some jewelry work is still in progress too.

Finished this beadple on Saturday. I have 2 more laid out in the tray to put together, then we'll be done with this project for right now....we've exhausted the contents of the Soup Jar.

Work progresses on the butterfly necklace. I have finally completed all of the beading around the edge, so now I must work out the fringing pattern.

Also worked on the egg, probably today I will finish the top of it and move back to the bottom. A trip to the hardware store last week gave me the stand for the egg -- a 3" PVC pipe connector.....aren't hardware stores fun!





There are now 15 footballs complete.....at this rate this quilt will NOT be a car project to California! (it will have grown too big)

And so today I will be working on animals and jewelry and laundry.....

head em' up, move em' out!!

No comments: