Thursday, March 08, 2007

and today's contest.....



I've done a new version of the flamingo.

The picture on the left is the old style, the picture on the right is the new one.

Notice the longer neck? What you can't really see in a photo is that there is a joint at the base of that long neck so the entire neck/head structure can turn to face different ways.....and it worked just like I thought it would!!

Fun stuff.

Only one problem -- this one needs a name. The original one was named Fern (we have this thing for illiteration in our animal names -- Fern the Flamingo, Darcie the Dodo, Dougie the Duck, etc., etc. -- but I digress) Anyway, we need a new "f" name for the new flamingo. We will accept suggestions from one and all.





Two more "beadple" pins finished!

I tried to figure out how to do an "beanimal" to go with these, but I haven't yet figured out how to do one that I can attach a pin finding to.....

Something to consider for future projects tho'



The field beading is done!

This morning I made the copy so I can cut the backing and get busy on the edge and the fringes.

I got some really nice purple and lavendar crystal beads to use in the fringe on this one, so I'm looking forward to working on that. I may also use some pink quartz beads or "chunks" (small ones of course) in the fringing. So far I've not been able to locate any small beads made of the chariote, so the purple crystals will have to do.




and a top o' the mornin' to you!

I finished up the LepBearCon yesterday afternoon.

He has hand painted eyes (layers of gold glitter and green nail polish), and a mohair roving beard....and don't you love the little pointy nose --- and the oversize ears and feet.....

this one was a lot of fun, and its always good to stretch the creative muscles because we usually learn something that we can use in other projects





I got 3 footballs done since yesterday's blog! we're definately on a roll (although we know that footballs roll in a very odd way!)

other projects are perking along too......

into the fray!

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

Dare I suggest "Felton the Flamingo?" LOL