Thursday, March 29, 2007

Just when we thought we were done.....

it turns out we're not!

We usually have in mind how many animals we want to have for a show, and I was on the home stretch, down to only 2 bears to put faces on. All this with a couple of weeks to spare. It was too good to be true!

Yup, it was!!

We got the bright idea to do a kangaroo. Well, I'm now working on version 2 of the kangaroo....the first one was sort of a cross between a kangaroo and a wooly mamouth, the fur being WAY too long for the critter. The new version is a much shorter pile.

Then there is the mousie. The first mousie is soooooo cute! So we decided it would be good to have a second mousie (a different color) for the show too.

And just because things seem to come in threes, yesterday morning I got the good news, bad news phone call.

Good News! Someone that had seen the puppy I finished earlier in the month wants to buy him, and will pick him up sometime next week.

Bad News! Now I have to do another puppy (and I HATED doing this one, because the pieces are small and it is difficult to finish the face, etc., etc) so we'll have one for the show. So I started in on it, and discovered that the fabric I wanted to make him out of (which was left over from the anniversary bear -- which isn't finished yet) wasn't big enough. So, he's being "patch worked", so he'll look like a little black and grey "mutt" dog. I also did some MAJOR changes to the pattern. At least this time its interesting!!




We made our monthly treck to Denver to shop yesterday, which means about an hour in the car each way.

On the way up I finished this block for Close Knit Hugs. Tomorrow I will be shipping off the 6 blocks I have done this month.

On the way back I worked on the leaf band I'm knitting for my altered couture project. (I really must get a picture of this shoot and posted!)





I have finished ALL of the complete footballs. Now its on to the half footballs.

Time to get to work......

No comments: