Thursday, March 15, 2007

walking about in the fog.....

spring is coming, but here at an altitude of over 6000 feet, it comes in fits and starts

yesterday was beautiful....sunny, warm....I walked around in and out of stores in a T shirt! I had my hair cut!! Oh joy, could sandal wearing be far behind?

I even saw the very first robin on the back fence in the afternoon!!

woke this morning to ... FOG! cold, dreary fog....and the furnace is on again....RATS!

this change of weather does explain the low grade ache behind my eyes this morning tho'....my sinusus do not like the weather shifts



yesterday, during our outing I went into one of our many quilt stores to browse around (while the software on my cell phone was being upgraded)

As I have discussed briefly before, I'm working on creating an embellished jacket from what was previously a long sleeved shirt that belonged to DH.

During the past week I have begun knitting the band to go around the bottom of the jacket, and had begun to consider what other embellishment would be nice. Since the knitting has oak leaves worked in it, I thought a fabric with autumn leaves that I could fussy cut and applique would be great....but its really the wrong season.

Not so in a well stocked quilt store!

Here is a scan of the lovelyness! Notice the great greens and oranges and a surprise color I had not thought about using until now....blue!

I bought a quarter yard of this wonderful stuff (the most expensive quilt fabric I've ever bought--- $9.39 a yard! -- but a quarter yard was affordable) Now there will be planning and plotting how to get the most out of the stuff and how to arrange it all on the shirt, etc., etc.


In the same strip mall with the quilt store, there is a Catholic book store which I had not previously been in. Since we were still killing time waiting for the cell phone upgrades, we went in there too. They had a little niche with a number of icons on display which I spent some time looking at. We got into a conversation with one of the ladies in the store which lead to a conversation with one of the buyers for the store, and now I may have a chance to put some of my beaded framed work somewhere that it might actually find a receptive audience.

I also picked up a card that gave me an idea for another piece that will entail DH doing some silver work for me.

Just a side bar about working on these pieces....there is something quite different for me when I'm working on these from the planning to the last stitch....people pray in a lot of ways, and for me these are a version of that. The whole feel of working on them is a lot more peaceful and uplifting than anything else I do.





2 more footballs complete.....almost half way there

time to go do some work.....

No comments: