Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bare Bear Feet



I finished her feet last night!





And I just love the "claws" -- red bugle beads were just the thing to finish the feet up.

Maybe its the red beads, but I think she looks even more pink that I thought she would.

Now that I have her feet done, I need to figure out what I'm doing to her face -- a shave is definately in order, and I'm thinking about making her an open mouth bear if I can get the lower jaw right --- maybe even use some more beads to give her "teeth" -- we'll see


I spent some time working on the "lab animal" yesterday -- after removing the wings from her back (she had been a "cupid" at one time) and picking out all of the stitching on her nose, I used the electric clippers and just randomly shaved some places bare all over her. (now THAT was a little scary!) After that I brewed up some really strong Celestial Seasonings Black Raspberry tea and "spritzed" her with it, rubbing it in to the fur.

Today she is a lovely sort of pinkish tan color (darker in some spots than others, and ready for a good brushing and on to the "darning" parts that I'll be doing in those spots I shaved.

I wanted to put a heart shaped button on her chest, but discovered I didn't have any, but I do have a couple of metal beads that are heart shaped, so I'm going to try making a polymer clay mold of them then make clay hearts to be used instead of a commercial button -- if it works out well, it will be even better than buying something would have been

We've already made our "out of the house" trip for today, picking up our Shares food package this morning after having to shovel about 3 inches of snow out of the driveway. The Shares package is always interesting, sort of reminds me of the Dinner Impossible show on Food TV -- we never know for sure exactly what will be in the package, and its a challenge sometimes to figure out how to use it.

Well, guess its time to get moving!

1 comment:

Laura Lynn said...

Bev what a fabulous job!!! I never would have dreamed up that cool idea to bead the pawprints on pawpads! It really turned out nicely :)