Wednesday, January 23, 2008

painting on feet and shirts and knitting for felt

The bird feet are all painted with their final coat of color, so some time in the next few days the clear coating of all the projects will begin.



So, while I was in the swing of painting, I did the edging on the leaves on one side of the shirt.

The picture doesn't really do it justice -- I used a glittery gold fabric paint and ran an outline bead of paint around the outside of each leaf. Then I used a short, stiff brush (almost like a stencil brush) and brushed the line of paint off the edge of the leaf onto the shirt fabric.

I looks like little gold glittery halos around each one -- very neat!

It will probably take 3 more days to get all of it done, then I still have to figure out what else to do to the cuffs (I'm thinking about painting glitter leaves there) and some kind of fastener at the neck (I decided not to put fasteners all down the front as this is intended to be a decorative jacket, not for warmth necessarily) A leaf shaped metal hook and eye type thing would be very cool here, so I guess I'll be looking for something like that.

I finished knitting up the swatches for felting last night. In fact, I can hear the washer going "chugga, chugga, chugga" as I type this. Each of them is tied up in a seperate pillow case and I throw in 4 pairs of jeans in a very low water, high agitation hot load.



this one looks like fruit punch









this one is lemon




this must be orange -- or maybe tangerine




and this one looks like pink lemonade

I'm thinking about making a little bouquet of felt flowers for the bear to hold -- or at least one flower -- we'll see

Last night the big black dog proved that she is a reliable watch dog even tho' we laugh about her being a big couch potato.

About 4 a.m., she began barking. After a couple of attempts on my part to get her to be quiet, I got up and said to her "show me". She led me to a smoke alarm which was doing that annoying "Beep.....Beep.....Beep" that these things do when their batteries go dead.

So, even tho' I was not happy at being awakened at 4 a.m., she was told that she was a very good dog.

(I'll be sleep walking later today -- it took me a while to doze off again, and interrupted sleep is not a real good thing)

Its off to Denver for a shopping trip today (TP and other bulk items that we purchase at Costco)......

time to get moving

No comments: