Sunday, January 06, 2008

Experimenting



I decided the best was to figure out if I liked that "halo" of paint on the shirt around the leaves was to test it out, so yesterday I did a sample piece on some scrap fabric with one of the extra leaves.

I just stitched down the center vein on this while the ones on the shirt also have beads there, but I though this would give me an idea

and -- I like it

So, once I finish with all of the beading (yesterday I did one front side, one sleeve and part of the other front) I will be using the glitter fabric paint to do this "halo" thing on all of the leaves

Meantime, yesterday the DH announced that he has a similar shirt that is green that he is considering giving me to alter as well -- mmmmmm, new ideas to play with!!

I had been working on a section of the dragon quilt and actually got it attached to the first section and added another piece across the bottom edge too. Today I will be cutting water sections, which should be fun

Work progresses on the teddy bear too

rollin' rollin' rollin'

No comments: