Wednesday, January 09, 2008

crossing the invisible line in the sand

For years I have said that I can not draw (its even been the subject of some complaining on this blog from time to time), but yesterday some little light went on in my head and I spent several hours creating these little lovelies.....








The plan here is to use each and every one of these as a "button" on a totally revamped website that is slowly taking shape in my head

The next plan is to figure out how to crop each of these so they show up as just the graphic against a colored field on the page ... time will be spent "fiddlin'" in the photoshop program



Meantime, I used a real fine sand paper on the plastic basket to rough up the surface a bit and applied a coat of gesso -- yummy stuff gesso -- if you can get it to stick to whatever you want to paint on (hence the sandpapering), it gives you this amazing surface to work on -- guess that's why "real" artists are so acquainted with it --

Anyway, the plan today is to use a coat of sort of goldish tan acrylic paint over this then a black antiquing gel and later maybe a few gold metalic highlights.

Already tho' it looks a lot less "plastic"!

time to get to it!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

These are really great! I love your doll and everything else, too. You're right about the basket; it doesn't even look like plastic anymore.

Nancy G said...

Okay, so if you can't draw, how exactly did you make these? teehee
I can't wait to see the new web pages, and I'm looking forward to displaying a new button (or two) on my blog! Oh yeah, the blog...