Friday, January 25, 2008

more Felt fun



Despite my contention that I was not going to put my hands in boiling water, etc., etc., I just couldn't wait to try to get this done!!

(and I wish I'd read the comment from Nancy on yesterday's blog before I got so impatient, because I think her idea about using the potato masher is a great one which I will test out at the next felting session!)

anyway, after we had made our little trip to the post office to mail a box and to the pet food store to pick up dog food (the head of security must be feed after all), I decided to have a go at felting in a dish pan at the kitchen counter

and here are my lovely results -- a little dish soap, a kettle of boiling water and a pair of rubber gloves later --- mmmmmmm, yummy, FELT!!

So today it will be back to the "lab animal" to finish converting her into a new and wonderous piece.




and progress is being made on the shirt -- I got all of the "halo" painting done on the right front yesterday

I think I will be cutting some leaf shapes out of cardboard or plastic and doing just the halos on the cuffs using the same technique

and then there are about a dozen other things to work on today ...... but I should have more time to do them as no "out of the house" trips are planned ...... YEAH!!

No comments: