Friday, January 18, 2008

Returning to the land of the living.....



Sorry for the radio silence folks, but for a couple of days there I just felt pretty lousy.

Somewhere I picked up a nasty little stomach bug, and spent most of my time in my recliner sipping flat soda pop and snoozing.

Elphie decided I needed a nurse and after tripping over her every time I got out of my chair because she wanted to be close, last night I let her sit in my lap for a while.

and aren't we just lovely --- BLLLEEEEAAAAHHHH!

This morning I'm feeling better, just a bit wobbly, so I won't be doing anything that requires a lot of effort today.




This lovely was created BEFORE I got sick, and so of course I've not gotten to eat much of it.

If you'd like the recipe, use this link to check it out over at Hattie's Kitchen.




Progress is being made on the new teddy bear. I did the metallic gold highlights on the basket. It's hard to believe that this thing began as an unbelievably bright pink plastic.

The next step will be to seal the whole piece with a couple of coats of clear satin finish as I want to make sure it doesn't get scratched. Then it will be time to make a cloth liner.

I've got 3 of the 4 feet beaded on the bear, so she's moving right along.



Remember this group from a few days ago?



Well, while I was sort of "out of it", an idea floated into my head of how to do some interesting things on these, so I did this little pencil sketch and notes so I wouldn't forget what I plan to try.

No promises this will happen today, but at least now I kind of know where this is going.

So today we will try to get started on taking down Christmas.....

1 comment:

Laura Lynn said...

I'm so sorry you were feeling bad. It's a REALLY bad bug this year. I even got it and I NEVER get the flu...