Tuesday, January 08, 2008

glass necklace done, doodles return!



This is a close up of the lampglass cab with its beaded net enclosure.

The glass cab measured 20x25mm, and I used a combination of size 11 and size 15 seed beads to make the net. I love this technique because it lets the light come through the glass which is a good thing.



The "chain" on this piece is all size 11 seed beads in a mix of blues, grays and teal to echo the colors in the glass.

I used the right angle weave to create a 20 inch strip then wove the edges together to form a tube. These tubes are flexible and just have a really nice "feel".





After a brief rest, the doodling has returned (ok, my daughter went back to work and this is my "I'm talking to my kid while she's on her way home from work" activity)



I did start drawing the new buttons to use on my web site yesterday and in them I used some of the previous doodles, so this is becoming something that I'm actually using for other projects (one of them became a set of paperdolls, as you may recall from previous posts)

And so today there will be some experimenting with the plastic basket, and working on more drawings and who knows what else -- oh yeah, shoveling about 3 inches of snow off the back patio -- we had a little storm last night

time to get moving!

No comments: