Sunday, January 20, 2008

cold dogs, lab animals and beads (OH MY!)



Its been COLD this week. And I can tell you that our "head of security" is not at all pleased with this turn of events -- she has been telling me (repeatedly!) that just because she is a labrador, she does not want Labrador type weather -- and would I turn up the heat please.

So here she is at the back door peaking out at the snow and being comforted by her favorite toy de jour





For the projects I have at hand, however, the cold is no deterrent.

Here we have the strand of right angle weave beads ready to be "zipped" up into a round cord, suitable for hanging glasses around one's neck.

This project should be complete today!





And then there is the "lab animal"

Here she is, all brushed up from her adventures with the tea spritzing and I have done the "darning" in the spots I had shaved



In all, there are seven different places that I decorated with embroidery floss, using the same technique that one would use to darn a sock -- remember darning socks? No? Ah well, guess that shows my age!!



It does make for a colorful decoration on her. Sort of like woven plaid appearing before your eyes.

I used peach, coral, blue and a dark purple for her darnings, which makes for a nice combo on the tea dyed mohair.

Next step is to make the polymer heart beads and to create a collar of some kind for her.

This is moving along much faster than I thought it would!



This lovely box appeared on my door step yesterday afternoon with the mail.

Don't you love the wonderful color? The solid pink at the far right is a feltable wool which I can knit pieces of and make embellishments for bags or bears or whatever other project is at hand.

I'm not sure which of the other colors might be feltable -- I'll have to consult with the gifter of the box!

And so today there will be more work on bears and beads and, oh yeah, perhaps another go at the website

Stay tuned!

No comments: