Tuesday, January 22, 2008

a complete project? Or Not



A while back I started thinking about doing a piece of jewelry that I could submit to a magazine.

After several conversations via email with the submissions editor of the magazine in question, I came up with this lovely 2 strand necklace made up of pearls, blue topaz and sterling silver.

I really like the look of this piece (although my picture -- as usual -- doesn't do it justice).

Just one little problem however -- in order to submit it to the magazine, I have to be able to tell them where they can obtain the necessary supplies to make it. Obviously I bought them somewhere (ok, DUH!), and I even know where for each and every piece! Problem is, I bought most of these pieces at least 2 years ago, and the catalog no longer includes them!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!! (here I want to run screaming from the room!!!)

Ok, take a D E E P breath and think -- I'll be doing a bit of on line research to see if I can find these things -- otherwise, it'll be back to the drawing board -- {sigh}

Oh yeah, I also finished the new eye glass cord that I was working on for an order, but in my joy of having it ready to ship, I got it all boxed up before I realized I never took a picture of it -- oh well, let me just say it was nice (and maybe the recipient will take a picture of it when it arrives.)



Finally finished stitching the bead "veins" in the leaves on the shirt yesterday.

Between the added paint in the second color and the extra leaves, I'm a lot happier with the way this looks.




I had originally thought about sending this off to Bella Armoire, but I really, REALLY want to wear it when we go to Nevada City in April, so I think I'll wait to submit the second shirt when I get it finished.

Yup, you heard it -- I said SECOND SHIRT! Seems there is a similar shirt in green that will be coming my way when the cold weather is over. I'm thinking fairies, or maybe mermaids and fish -- we'll see.






Remember the lovely yarn that arrived on my porch last week?

Well, as you can see, I've been busy knitting up little pieces to be felted for accessorizing the new bears.

So far I have a fairly large piece of pink knit up from the Black Sheep, commercially dyed stuff that I intend to use cut in a heart shape along with a silver or mother of pearl heart charm on the chest of each of those "primitive" bears.

The other yarns were hand dyed with Koolaid by my sister, and are the most wonderful colors. Shown here are the grape and the lime (I think, they weren't labeled, so I'm just guessing based on what I know about Koolaid!). I'm now working on a yellow which I'm thinking is probably lemon (it looks like a sunshine yellow crayon), then there is an orange and a sort of fruit punch and a variagated that goes from pale yellow to sort of tangerine -- wonder what that flavor was!) More pictures to come of the rest of the knit squares, then we'll see what they all look like when they come out of the washer!

Time to get moving!!

No comments: