Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Shirts and dragons and squares and things.......

Along with finally getting around to taking down the Christmas tree (what can I say, I'd rather play in the studio that do that), I've been actually getting some items finished.


This one for instance!

After nearly a year of "futzin'" with it, I have declared it to be finished.




I really like the way the back of it looks -- like I'm being hugged by the tree!



And here is a close up of how I finally handled the clasp -- a skirt hook, a thread loop and 2 glass leaf beads -- yup, this is cool



Here's a close up of a section of the back that shows the "halo" behind the leaves.

So now its just a waiting game until it gets warm enough that I can wear this as a jacket and not have to cover it with a snow parka! (I can hardly wait!!)



This item is finished too.

In fact, this eye glass cord and the fuscha one I talked about earlier in the week will be going into my Etsy Shop. Watch for links to them at the top right of the blog soon.



As you may recall, I've been working on two squares to go to The Pink Artist charity effort.

This is the one I designed for my son-in-law's mother, who is doing well in her fight with breast cancer.

Now its on to doing the write ups on both of the squares and getting them into the mail!



its a DRAGON!!

Awesome isn't he......this is the centerpiece of the quilt I'm currently working on, and he has taken me about 2 weeks to finish (working about an hour a night)




As some of you may recall, this piece is a collaborative work of my husband and I, and last night, as we looked again at the drawing of the quilt, we decided that we are going to alter the right hand side of it a bit more.

We have decided that where the green island on the far right side is should really be more waves instead, so we will be doing some pattern revisions. Nothing about any of our designs is ever "set in stone" until we look at it and say "yup, its done" with the last stitch.

So, there will be more drawing before I start cutting fabric for that third panel of the quilt.

Meantime, I'm thinking of making the back of the quilt RED, since that is a color of good luck, and it had already been decided that it will be quilted from the back as I have a whole other "story" to tell in the quilting (more drawings have to be done for that).

It's looking good tho'!

So, today there will be more de-Christmas-ing, and a lengthy session at the kitchen table going through the inch thick stack of invitations for art shows that have accumulated in the past few weeks, then probably some more stitching of animals.....

time to get to it!

No comments: